Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Voice- Top 12

As most of you know, I am obsessed with pop culture, television and singing. I always have a lot to say about each, but don't really have a lot of people to talk about it with. So, I decided to start doing some blogging about it, and am going to start with The Voice, one of my favorite TV shows. The live shows started this week, so each week I'm going to rank my favorite performances, the last chance performances, and the singers. Feel free to chime in on the comments section about what you like, don't like, or anything else you want to talk about!



PERFORMANCES

1. Christina "Dark Horse" -- I don't even like this song, which says a lot about the performance! I agreed with most of what the coaches said about it and the way she made it her own.

2. Kristen "Stay" -- Such an authentic performance and much better than I anticipated

3. Delvin "Unchained Melody" -- Great performance of a timeless song

4. TJ "Waiting on the World to Change" -- I actually really liked his take on this song, with the slight Caribbean feel. TJ's voice is so smooth!

5. Josh "Stay with Me" -- I don't know this song, but it was a likeable performance. I wasn't blown away though.

6. Dani "Just Give Me a Reason" -- While this was a good performance, I expected more from her after her playoffs performance.

7. Tess "I'll Be There for You" -- Boring song choice, but she sounded pretty good

8. Bria "Rolling in the Deep" -- This is one of my favorite songs, and I like Bria, but I really wasn't feeling this rock version.

9. Jake "Anymore" -- Boring, but I'm sure the country crowd loved it

10. Audra "Angel in the Morning" -- See above :-)

11. Sisaundra "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" -- She's definitely a good singer, but didn't bring anything new to this completely overdone song.

12. Kat "Magic Man" -- Didn't like the song choice. At all.


LAST CHANCE:
I'm not surprised that Tess was the one saved, but I thought she had the worst "Last Chance" performance. Hopefully she'll step it up next week! I was sad to see TJ and Dani go, as they were definitely not on the bottom of my list.


RANKINGS

1. Delvin Choice -- There's no denying he's my favorite simply because he's from Greenville! With that said, he is superbly talented and I hope he goes really far!

2. Josh Kaufman -- This guy's voice is simply amazing. He continues to make me smile, week after week. 

3. Christina Grimmie -- Future pop star. Period.

4. Bria Kelly -- This week's performance was the first one I didn't really like. Hopefully she'll have a better song choice next week.

5. Kristen Merlin -- She was not even on my radar in the early rounds, but she has gotten better and better each week. I look forward to seeing what she does in the coming weeks. 

6. Tess Boyer -- Her cover of "Human" the other week was amazing and I look forward to seeing her go back to that. (No more Bon Jovi!)

7. Jake Worthington -- I'm sure Jake will do really well after the show is over and I know country fans love him. Not a huge fan.

8. Audra McLaughlin -- Great voice, but I want to see her do some more uptempo stuff to move up my chart.

9. Cat Perkins -- Cat's not a bad singer, but I liked her much better when her name was Kat Robichaud on Team Ceelo last season. (Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that?!)

10. Sisaundra Lewis -- She is so full of herself I can't stand it. And boring. And unoriginal. Okay I'm done :-)


My general thoughts about this group are that there's not a ton of originality going on, and I already miss last season. There are several niche artists though, and I think they'll go far. I was really baffled by many of the song choices this week, as there were so many songs that weren't well known. They need to step it up for Top 10 if they're going to keep my interest!!

What did you think of the Top 12?


No comments:

Post a Comment