Monday, October 3, 2011

Get Spotifyed!

I know that some of you have already discovered the joys of Spotify, but for those who haven't yet, I just wanted to fill you in. For a simple description, I guess it's kind of a mixture of iTunes and Pandora. You download the program from the internet at Spotify.com. There is a free version and a paid version. I'm not sure of all the differences between the two, except that there are no advertisements on the paid version. (If anyone else can enlighten, feel free!)

Anyway, it's basically like having the biggest iTunes account in the world! You can listen to whatever you want, whenever you want, and make playlists or star songs so that you don't have to constantly search for the same song to listen to. For me, it's been awesome because I can listen to entire albums. Since we are on such a budget, Jamie and I have not been able to buy music like we've done in the past. Spotify allows me to listen to the CDs that I would normally have wanted to buy. It also helps you weed out CDs you DON'T want to buy, which is another good way to save money! Unlike iTunes, the songs aren't loaded onto your computer, so it doesn't take up a lot of memory.

So far I'm really impressed with the variety of music they have. They even have a sizeable amount of Christian music, which I was surprised by. The only artist I haven't been able to find so far is Pink, which I thought was random, but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Here are some of the songs I'm currently playing on repeat:

"Not Over You" Gavin Degraw
"Innocent" Taylor Swift
"Cosmic Love" Florence and the Machine
"Til the World Ends" Britney Spears
"Monster" Paramore
"Skyscraper" Demi Lovato
"Moves Like Jagger" Maroon 5/Christina Aguilera
"Loud Music" Michelle Branch
"Something to Believe In" Parachute
"What You Want" Evanescence
"I am Woman" Jordin Sparks
"Pumped Up Kicks" Foster the People
"Cooler Than Me" Mike Posner
"OMG" Usher
"Mr. Know It All" Kelly Clarkson

How about you? Have you discovered Spotify yet? What are you listening to?

2 comments:

  1. Spotify is one of those annoying aps that forces you to be linked to your Facebook account. I do not like being forced into doing this. I did sign up for Pinterest and was able to unlink my Pinterest account from my FAB account after I signed up. Do you know if this is possible with Spotify? If so, I'll sign up. If not, I will boycott the forced Facebookination of our society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do invite others via FB when you sign up, but thus far, I have not connected it to my FB account. There is a link on the side of the app asking me to, but nothing I do comes up on my FB. It seems to be optional.

    ReplyDelete