Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October Recap

October has come and gone, and was actually quite eventful, so here's a quick overview of life!

What's Your Happy? October brought the state fair, which didn't really help me as I've been trying to eat healthier. But the fried mushrooms and funnel cake was soooo good! However, the drive from our house to the fairgrounds, that normally takes twenty minutes max, took TWO HOURS. Bumper to bumper traffic, no free parking by the time I got there: so frustrating. I was meeting my mom, my friend Amy, and her mom Genie. They had already been walking around for almost two hours by the time I arrived. Luckily, the fried food and cute furry animals helped me calm down :-)

My Easter Lily Lily was always considered "my" cat, even though she stayed at my mom's house. We got her from the Humane Society when she was just a few weeks old; she was the one reaching out for us through the cage! We should have known then that she would be quite the feisty one. I may be the only one who would ever refer to her as "sweet," as she bit Jamie every time he came to visit! A couple of weeks ago, the vet discovered a cancerous tumor, after my brother noticed her stomach swelling. Lily was almost 14 years old, so rather than an aggressive surgery, which would require a leg amputation, they elected to put her to sleep. I will dearly miss my precious kitty, even when she drove me nuts!

Look at those big Siamese ears as a kitten!
I loved my kitty!


 4th Graders  Even though I've only been working about once a week, I seem to be subbing for a lot of fourth graders! They've been good classes, thankfully, but it reminds me why I picked Early Childhood over Elementary. The little ones act as if they need you more, and are more demonstrative of their love for you. I was in a kindergarten class the other week, and they kept calling me to help them (Mrs. C!) and would come up and hug me for no reason. They were so precious, I would have taken over their class in an instant!

Journey Westward Troy finally made it to Oregon this month. He and his friends are living in a suburb of Portland, which seems like a cool city. I'm proud of him for picking up and completely changing his world! Can't wait to see the gorgeous landscape pictures, which are sure to come.

The Reading Teacher I mentioned a few weeks ago that I took the Praxis exam for "Teaching Reading." I am proud to announce that I passed with flying colors and am now in the process of adding a literacy certification to my teaching certificate. Yahoo!

Boo! It's Halloween! Jamie and I elected not to dress up for Halloween this year. How could we top the Fraggles anyway? I spent my Halloween Monday at my old stomping grounds. The ghost of Mrs. Cashatt came back! I got to read to Regi's class and then go visit some of my former coworkers. It was so nice to see everyone; I've missed them! Then I came home and watched Escape to Witch Mountain and Return from Witch Mountain. I used to watch them all the time as a kid, and thought they would be appropriate for the holiday. It also kept me occupied, as we had NO trick or treaters! Oh well, I didn't buy much candy anyway  ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment