Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We're off to see the wizard!

On a rare date night Saturday, Jamie and I went to see a production of "The Wizard of Oz." It was put on by New Heights Church, where a friend from FedEx attends and recommended we go see. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially since this was a church I had never heard of, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was on par with any good community theater troupe and lived up to the hype. There were even flying harnesses!

The musical was well casted; I especially enjoyed the characters of Scarecrow, TinMan, and Cowardly Lion. Not only were they good actors, but they were great singers too! I have tried to find pictures of the cast, but none so far. If I do though, I will post them. The only thing that left a little to be desired was the set. They did what they could with a small space though, so kudos for that.

It's been a long time since I'd seen a live production, so thank you Jamie for a fun night out!


No comments:

Post a Comment