Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Jan 5

"Thrifty Thursday" will be the first new feature for the blog this year. Each week, I hope to show you how I am staying within our $50 grocery/hygiene budget. This week I'm just going to do a quick rundown, with a more in-depth breakdown next week.

I didn't go to Publix this week, as they literally had nothing on sale that I wanted. Instead, I picked up a few things at Kroger:
Spent: $25.63
Saved: $18.54

I also stopped by CVS to pick up some hair accessories.
Spent: $3.73
Saved: $2.50


Since it's the beginning of the year, that means lots of retail stores have tons of sales to get rid of their merchandise from the end of the year. Thanks to gift cards and Christmas money, I decided to take advantage of some of those sales today (and not spend anything out of pocket)!

Loft
Spent: $57.75
Saved: $82.22

Bath and Body Works
Spent: $17.92
Saved: $11.08

Old Navy
Spent: $25.66
Saved: $25.31 (I would have saved more, but I didn't buy enough to get free shipping.)

Jamie and I also went to Walmart and Target and spent such a little bit of money that we were still under budget for the week! I'd say this was quite a nice start to 2012  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment