Wednesday, April 4, 2012

12 for '12 Update - February/March

Sooo... I don't know how well I'm doing with some of these goals at the point. I may have bitten off more than I can chew! In any case, here we go...

SPIRITUAL
My Bible reading has been a bit inconsistent these past couple of months due to work, but I'm getting back into it now and am still on track to finish by Janurary. Jamie and I have put our devotional on hold for now. When we both got sick at the beginning of February, we were going to bed really early and got out of the habit. So we will have to get back into a routine and create time for that again... or try again next year.

PROFESSIONAL
I'm still working on getting a job for next year. I went to two job fairs in February and hopefully am somewhat close to landing a position. I don't want to talk too much about it, in case it doesn't work out. Rest assured, as soon as I sign a contract, the whole world will know!
I've been reading plenty of professional material, as I got to plan and study for lessons, as well as read to my students each day. Pinterest has actually greatly helped me in this area as well, as I've read about lots of great ideas to use in the classroom!
That brings me to a question for you all. I want to begin work on my teaching website. However, I'm thinking now that maybe I should do a blog. It may be easier to navigate and search for things (using labels) and for me, it might be easier to update and more motivating as well. Opinions?

HEALTH
I have massively failed in one of these goals. When I got sick, I stopped working out and haven't done it since. One of the main reasons I started to begin with was because I was just sitting around watching TV for months and getting no physical activity. Well, working with kindergarteners gets you plenty of movement! I'm just going to have to find a motivation to get back into it: a fun workout would be a start. I have been continuing to eat fairly healthy for the most part though. The MyPlate website has helped me figure out portion sizes and how much of each group I should be eating each day.

BLOG
I've started my two weekly features, I just haven't been able to keep up with them recently... but I think I'm more than making up for my two a week blogs this week :-)

OTHER
As you've seen from my "Thrifty Thursday" posts, I've definitely been sticking to my $50 weekly grocery budget average, which I'm very proud of! Jamie and I have finally started watching Lost and are at the end of disc 4; we have a long way to go though. I haven't found a way to get back into singing yet. The choir I was talking about hasn't participated in any services since Christmas, so I don't know if that's a viable option or not.


Okay, so I haven't done as bad as I thought, but I can always do better! How are you doing on your goals?  

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you to get a job! Kiddos will be missing out if you don't! I think you should totally do a blog for teaching. I just started one for my classroom and the kids love it and it helps me do a way better job of documenting things. If you do it and get the tabs for different pages going you should help me! Also I thought that your new school might have a webpage they want you to use so you could just link the blog to that instead of redo a webpage for them.

    ReplyDelete