Friday, May 4, 2012

The Book Dispensary

Back in January, I bought a Living Social deal to The Book Dispensary. I didn't really know anything about the place (other than it was a used bookstore), but with a deal that only requires me to pay "$25 for $75 worth of books," I was sold! Anyway, as my deal expires tomorrow, I finally made the quick trip over to get my books!

The Book Dispensary is a nice little place. I was thankful that it was very clearly labeled and organized. Jamie and I spent a few minutes in the fiction section before we went straight to the children's section. After all, I was technically here to get books for (hopefully) my (future) classroom!

All paperbacks are 40% off the original price and hardbacks are as listed. My total, plus tax, came to $76.01. Therefore, I only paid $1.01 out of pocket. Plus the deal itself, I only paid $26.01 for over $120 worth of books!! Here's what I scored:


Thump, Quack, Moo  Doreen Cronin & Betsy Lewin
Freight Train  Donald Crews
The Teeny Tiny Ghost  Kay Winters
The Night Before Kindergarten  Natasha Wing
Just Grandpa and Me  Mercer Mayer
The New Baby  Mercer Mayer
The Little Old Lady Who was Not Afraid of Anything  Linda Williams
Froggy Goes to School  Jonathan London
Froggy Learns to Swim  Jonathan London
Froggy's Halloween  Jonathan London
Froggy Plays in the Band  Jonathan London
Froggy Eats Out  Jonathan London
A Visit to the Aquarium  Aliki
How I Became a Pirate  Melinda Long
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie  Laure Joffe Numeroff
The Little Rabbit  Judy Dunn
The Crayon Counting Book Pam Munoz Ryan & Jerry Pallotta
The Gingerbread Man Jim Aylesworth
Arthur's Eyes  Marc Brown
Tops and Bottoms  Janet Stevens
Animals A to z  David McPhail
Titch  Pat Hutchins
Can't You Sleep Little Bear?  Martin Waddell
Even More Parts  Tedd Arnold
Caps for Sale  Esphyr Slobodkina
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  JK Rowling

**If you're interested in learning more about this cool little place, here is their website: The Book Dispensary

Has anyone else been here? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I used the same coupons a few weeks ago, and shared it with my dad. That place is pretty awesome. I got some good books and I'm excited to start reading them.

    ReplyDelete