Thursday, July 5, 2012

Junebug

June ended up being a bit of a busy month for us. One thing that takes up a lot of our month, due to the fact that we are Gamecocks, is baseball! We are so proud of our team. How many other teams can say they made it the the College World Series finals three years in a row? Not to mention win two years in a row :-)
Anyway, just wanted to make sure my love was noted!


 How about that catch?!
 


We discovered that hydrangeas grow in our backyard! Jamie has apparently never noticed, and the reason it is especially weird is because that was our wedding flower and we had trouble finding some. He cut some for us to enjoy for a while:



I got to see my classroom a couple of weeks ago and discovered that I have a LOT of work to do (volunteers anyone?). But I also was left a gift from the parents I subbed for last year, along with this sweet card. I hope they really mean it, since I will likely have some of their kids this year, haha :-)





We enjoyed our holidays this month. On Father's Day we ate lunch with Jamie's parents and spent time with my grandpa, mom and her side of the family. We celebrated Independence Day a bit early, by hanging out with some friends on Lake Murray and watching the fireworks on June 30th.


Vicki Wilson Photography







We got a good bit of 'friend time' in this month too! I went to visit my old boss from grad school and had lunch at Takosushi with my friend Tara. We went to Reid's house for one of the baseball regional games and also had a dinner and game night with The Privetts and The Hofts. 

We also spent a lot of time house hunting this month, and bought a house on July 1st. In a few months we'll be moving to Irmo!

No comments:

Post a Comment