Monday, September 26, 2011

Adventures in Couponing: CVS

Today was my first try at couponing for CVS. Honestly, it was a bit confusing. Not everything that was in the ad was clearly marked in the store and some products were beside sale labels that weren't actually on sale. Because of that, I ended up having to do some refunds/exchanges, so it took a bit longer than I anticipated. However, I ended up with some pretty good deals:

(2) U by Kotex Liners 60 ct
(2) Softsoap hand pumps 8-8.5 oz
(3) Stride Shaun White Whitemint 14 ct
Spent: $11.13
Saved: $11.12
The savings includes $6 in Extracare bucks, which I can use on my next CVS purchase.
I also had coupons for every item except for the gum, which really helped.

I did pretty well at Target and Publix too, with not a lot of items bought, but a good percentage of savings:

TARGET
(1) Olay Classic Foaming Facial Cleanser
(1) Nivea Touch of Sparkle Women's Body Wash
(1) Crest ProHealth Sensitive + Enamel 6 oz  w/Bonus sample & savings booklet
Spent: $6.48
Saved: $6.24
I had coupons for each of these items.

PUBLIX
(1) PF Changs for Two
(1) head of Iceberg Lettuce
(2) Cucumbers
(3) Tomatoes on the Vine
(1) Wishbone Dressing
(1) Vlasic Stackers
(1) Emerald Nuts
(3) Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
(1) Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice
(1) Coke 1.25 liters
Spent: $19.83
Saved: $16.61

Good savings today! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment