Thursday, September 15, 2011

New TV Review: Ringer, Up All Night

Two new television shows premiered this week to big hype, so I thought I'd write some musings on both.

Ringer The CW, Tuesday @ 9 pm
I mainly decided to watch this show because everyone was so excited about it, and the concept seemed fairly intriguing, if somewhat confusing. Well, I ended with mixed emotions. At first, I was actually kind of bored. There was so much going on and I couldn't figure out who was who. Sarah Michelle Gellar plays twins on the show, and when both sisters were on screen at the same time, the photoshopping/green screening was so obvious that it became distracting. The backgrounds during some scenes were also clearly created from a computer, especially when they were on a boat. I'm hoping they fired the technical director from the pilot and maybe it will get better. I just wasn't that invested in the what was going on... then the last five minutes happened. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who still wants to check it out, but those last few minutes will make me at least give the next couple of episodes a shot. ** Sidenote: ABC Family is doing the twins switching places concept much better right now with The Lying Game. I recommend checking that one out (Mon @ 8).
Up All Night NBC, Wednesday @ 8 pm
Let me just start by saying that this will be coming on opposite one of my favorite shows, The Middle. However, the pilot premiered after America's Got Talent last night, so I was able to watch it. I was very excited for this premiere, based on actors alone: Christina Applegate (loved Samantha Who) and Will Arnett. How can you go wrong? Jamie watched this one along with me, and I think it's safe to say we both enjoyed it. It had laugh out loud moments, which I think will increase and I think lots of people will be able to relate. Obviously I'm not a parent yet, but I know enough of them to know how true to life these situations are. Maya Rudolph as the over the top talk show host (Applegate's boss) is just an added bonus. I am hoping this show will be On Demand because I will definitely watch it again. You should too! 


Did anybody else watch? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment