Monday, June 11, 2012

12 for '12 Update: April/May

SPIRITUAL
I'm doing much better on my Bible reading, usually reading at least 4 times a week. I'm going to start doubling up on entries though because I know it will be much harder once school starts again. I want to get it in while I know I'll have the time!

PROFESSIONAL
I am kicking butt on this section :-)  Most importantly, I got a job for next year! Woohoo! I'm going to be teaching second grade, which is somewhat nerve wracking (since I have virtually no experience at that level), but I'm also looking forward to the challenge. I've been spending LOTS of time reading and searching through professional materials to see what I will be able to use next year. In conjunction with that, I'll be starting my teaching blog soon, so you can all follow my progress in preparing and teaching 2nd grade (it will also be a great resource for me to later remember everything I did!).

HEALTH
In my last goals update, I talked about my lack of motivation for working out. Well, putting back on some extra weight around the midsection will give a person some motivation :-)  As I'm making my "schedule" for the summer, I'm definitely putting some exercise time back on the list to prevent too much sitting time. I'm also continuing to do well with my eating, which joining the co-op definitely helped with!

BLOG
Goals: met and continue to be!

OTHER
The grocery budget is still working and I'm really working hard to try and make it even lower for the next couple of months (until I start making money again!) because we actually have quite a little surplus of some things. We are three episodes away from being finished with the second season of Lost. I think that we will be making great progress during the summer since we don't have any regular shows to watch (once college baseball is over anyway!). As for singing, I still really want to do something, I'm just not seeing an opportunity right now.


Well, I'd say that this update looks much better than the last! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment