Saturday, June 2, 2012

Substituting: The Final Chapter

Unless you've been living under a rock, by now you've heard that I have a job for next year, which means... no more substituting! Yay!! However, one of the cool things has been getting to see lots of different classrooms and set ups, so the past couple of months, I made to sure to take pictures of things I liked and might potentially use one day. And I apologize ahead of time for some of the blurriness of photos. Here we go!

CAFE: comprehension, accuracy fluency, expand vocabulary (from the same teachers who created "The Daily Five")

Comprehension strategies posters with descriptions

Management for the Daily 3: each child's name is beside the order they should complete the activities

Hairy Money: I've used this strategy before, but I liked the silver pipe cleaners for the visual

Inference anchor chart

Spelling chart: I LOVE this for helping children figure out spellings. I want to do some more research to see how it's introduced and implemented.

Nonfiction text features

Reading Strategies Song: This is PERFECT for 1st & 2nd grade. I am absolutely going to use this!

Classroom Schedule: I like how the times and subjects are separate and magnetized, so they can be moved around (because let's face it, your schedule will inevitably change from the beginning of the year!)

Synonym Anchor Charts

Where Do Writer's Get Ideas?

The Writing Process

I also saw teachers using many ideas from Pinterest, including 'The Yellow Brick Road retelling' and Animal Decoding Strategies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment