Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Day Munchies

This year, we used Memorial Day as an excuse to get a good start on using some of our produce, especially things we had an abundance of. Two of those were onions and corn on the cob, which led to this deliciousness:

You can't quite see it, but that is a grilled turkey burger patty underneath grilled peppers and onions. Then we made corn on the cob (see my previous co-op recipe blog to see how we make it) and sliced up some Roma tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper.

And as if that's not enough, check out what we had for dessert:

That is homemade peach sorbet! We followed this recipe. We only had 2 cups of peaches though, so we used 1/2 a cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of (lite) corn syrup. We also kept it going in the ice cream maker for about 3 times as long as the recipe calls for. It was soooo good, and not too sweet at all!

2 comments:

  1. DELISH! I'm so proud of you for your cooking and for eating your veggies :) I like to think I partly trained you hahaha ... Jamie is just doing the refining ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You did train me! I didn't know how to make anything before I lived with you :-)

    ReplyDelete