Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Four

What I Watched: Veronica Mars finished up its run on SOAP net this week. I really wish that show had lasted longer. But it was fun watching Kristen Bell on Heroes (although I hated her character!).
Anyway, I watched a bunch of movies this week, since most of our shows have ended. The two best ones were Inglorious Basterds and The Lincoln Lawyer. I'd never seen a Quentin Tarantino film, and I'm glad I saw this one (IB) on TV, as it spared me a lot of the language and probably some of the gore. TLL was good too, although I got confused at times, as Josh Lucas plays the DA in this movie (but is a laywer in the tv series The Firm). I would recommend them both!

What I Listened to: I was lucky enough to get the new Jon Mclaughlin CD for my birthday. If you haven't heard him before, you are really missing out! I think he has one of the most gorgeous voices in music. This album is more like his first one, in the style and tempo, which is a slight disappointment, as I really enjoyed his second, more upbeat album. He has a duet with Sara Barielles, which I previously wrote about here, as well as Xenia, who was on the first season of The Voice.

 

What I Read: I fnished up The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold this week. Haven't yet decided what to read next.

Where I Ate: I think the only time we ate out this week was Moe's after church. Oh, and we had McDonald's last Friday night... don't judge ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, I am reading this book "The Art of Driving in the Rain" and I think you would enjoy it. The "narrator" is a dog, who is old and about to die, and he sort of goes back and looks over the things that have happened in his life and his family. So far it is really sweet and funny.
    Also, I just finished this book "Before I Go To Sleep" and it started a little slow, but then it go really interesting and I got sucked in. It's about a lady who has had an accident and has lost her memory (she wakes up thinking she's in her 20s and she's maybe 40 or 50) and can remember things during the day that happen, but then loses her memory again every night when she goes to sleep. Anyway, it's good.

    Happy Summer Reading!!! I'm giving you ALL the sneak peeks into my annual book review haha!

    ReplyDelete