Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In the Merry, Merry Month of May

May was quite an exciting month in the Cashatt household. First of all, I got my new awesome job after searching for over a year. We also got to spend time with both of our moms on Mother's Day weekend, AND it was my birthday! (which will be a whole other separate post) In addition to that excitement, we also had a few other things going on:

If you know anything about TV, you know that ratings are what determines whether a show gets to stay on the air or not. What you may not know is that the ratings are run by a company called Nielsen. Well, I was contacted by the company back in April to keep a TV diary. So, for one week in May I wrote down EVERYTHING I watched. Now, I already knew that I watched a lot of tv, so I wasn't too surprised to see my diary quickly fill up during the afternoons and evenings. Anyway, it was kind of fun, and I would love for them to send me a Nielsen box so I can be a permanent part of the ratings, like my mom!

Our friend Tara has a Cornhole Tournament every year near Memorial Day weekend. Jamie is always my partner (duh) and this year we won two games, which obviously is not much, but it's the most we've done! So next year our goal is three... we'll see how that goes :-)  There are no pictures of us actually playing, but here's April and me (and doggie Ren) waiting for our next games.


And this is the cornhole board that hated me: at least half of my bags slid off the back of the board!

Although we didn't win the cornhole tourney, I DID win something else last month. One of my favorite blogs (see my name here!), The A Cappella Blog, did a bracket contest for the International Competition of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA). They have quarterfinals, semifinals and finals, somewhat similar to March Madness. Anyway, I filled out my bracket with who I thought would place in the top two for each competition. I did so well I got second place! And so, I won a copy of the Best of College Acappella (BOCA) 2012. It's a compilation put out every year of the top recordings from around the country and I haven't gotten one in several years, so I was very excited to receive a free one! Here's the tracklisting, in case you're interested:






I also got to go to the End of Year Author's Celebration for the class I was the long term sub for. It was so fun to hear all their amazing writing and how much growth they've had even just from when I was there. I loved seeing their sweet little faces and am so excited that I will get to see them around school next year!


So, as you can see, it's been a busy past few weeks and I enjoyed every minute of it!

2 comments:

  1. I did the Nielson journal for a week, too! I felt powerful. Also, I would like to borrow your BOCA cd. Oh, and your two game winning record is better than our zero game winning record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you should get a permanent tv rating box! I don't know a more perfect candidate!

    ReplyDelete